Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Give them an Inchie!

Thanks to everyone who played along with Keryn’s Anniversary dare last week.
Once again you didn’t disappoint us with your beautiful creations and we’ve all had fun, blog hopping to see them all.
Sadly, this week will be Anne-Kristine's last creation for us, we hope you've gained as much inspiration from her fabulous cards as we have. Thank you Anne-Kristine for sharing your special brand of creativity with us these last few weeks.
The good news is that the Lovely Paula has agreed to stay with us for another month (woowoo) which means we get the whole of September to enjoy seeing lots more of her wonderful work. We'll also be introducing a brand new Guest Designer next week....

This week it’s my turn (Sue) to dare you and I was having a bit of trouble finding a challenge that would stretch the imagination and get those creative juices flowing. The idea for Inchies came to me when I was chatting to a friend about people taking liberties and she uttered the old saying, “give them an inch and they take a mile”……..Ahh. Inchies I thought!! "Inchies" are 1 inch (or 2.5cm) squares of card, inked, painted, papered and decorated in any way you like, they are often made to a theme then swapped with others in a group rather like ATCs are.
So my dare this week is to make inchies and put just five of them on your card.
There’s no set theme, colour or shape, I’m just intrigued to see how many different ways you can arrange the five tiny squares.

When you’re done, link your cards in the usual way so we can all come see your creations.

If you’re looking for a bit of inspiration, the design team have come up with some great arrangements on their cards as you will see when you scroll down but I’ll let you into a little secret, even they were complaining that it was difficult this week.

So off to your craft desks with you, I can’t wait to see all your cards!!

Have Fun
Sue
x


Anne-Kristine

Lythan

18 comments :

Unknown said...

Wow - what fabulous work - the designs have really inspired me and made me realise there are lots of ways to use inches - most of which I had never even thought of

Chaosmaus said...

I love Inchies!
Here is my entry.
my card

Hugs Kerstin

Ali Manning said...

This is my first visit here and I'm blown away by the awesome samples the design team has made. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynda said...

I just loved making the inchies - a great challenge Sue! Amazing DT cards as always. Here's mine.

Lynda xxx

Nick said...

My first attempt at using inchies!
http://paper-penguins.blogspot.com/2009/08/2-in-1.html

Desire Fourie said...

O wow what a great theme this week and the DT's creations are gorgeous. I have used 5x inchies behind my Happy in the Happy Birthday. My creation is over at
DOING LIFE
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Desire

Chrissie said...

The idea was better than the execution! Never mind... I tried!
My card is here
Chrissie

Heike said...

nice theme, but very difficult...
Here´s my card

Hugs, Heike

Kaz said...

What gorgeous cards you've come up with again!

Mine is on my blog ~{here}~

Myriame said...

Here's my card
Thanks for looking

Janice said...

What amazing designs from the team. They have really made me think about inchies in a different way.

Anyway, mine is fairly simple, you can see it HERE

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my oh my... great idea girls, how very innovative!
Here's my entry :)

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful work by the DT. Finally found time to play here is mine .
Anesha

RedLan said...

I love making personalized cards too. The cards here are all beautiful with different ideas.

Julia Dunnit said...

Crumbs..these are too good. I've done mine, it's here....
on my blog

CLARE said...

phew a toughie. Mine is HERE

Natascha said...

Hello! Your cards are great, love them all. Here is my card.

Hugs, Natascha

Anonymous said...

Here's my card -- sorry it's late!

http://www.alimanning.com/2009/09/inchie-challenge-cards.html